GRESB’s latest real asset ESG rankings have been released, and Australia has topped the list for the 11th straight year. With a year of record participation levels, the number of listed entities grew by 20 per cent and non-listed by 25 per cent and nearly 117,000 individual assets, competition was plenty. The likes of Lendlease, Frasers Property, Cromwell Property Group, Dexus, Growthpoint, Scentre Group, ISPT and AMP led the way and showed why they are so prominent in their respective sectors.
The acceptance and inclusion of world-leading rating systems such as GBCA’s Green Star and NABERS have seen Oceania perform at optimal levels, and has been attributed to the many successes companies have seen. In a time where occupiers and investors are looking for assets that focus on sustainability and reducing environmental impact, it’s good to see property companies leading the way on sustainability.
The award winners were:
Australia’s overall global sector leaders in standing investments
• Office – Shared between Lendlease International Towers Sydney Trust, Lendlease; and Australian Prime Property Fund Commercial, Lendlease
• Retail – Non-listed – Australian Prime Property Fund Retail, Lendlease
Australia’s overall global sector leaders in real estate development
• Diversified – ISPT Core Fund, ISPT Pty Ltd
• Diversified – Office/Industrial – Frasers Property Industrial Australia Pty Limited, Frasers Property Industrial Australia Pty Limited
• Office – Australian Prime Property Fund Commercial, Lendlease
• Retail – Shared between Scentre Group, Scentre Group; and Unisuper, managed by AMP Capital Investors Limited
Looking into targets for achieving net-zero, Oceania had more companies and fund managers set targets for their portfolios than anywhere in the world. With the federal government net zero commitment significantly lagging behind the rest of the world, it is great to see property groups taking the lead on making changes for the future and pioneering for a more sustainable future.
For further insights head to the GRESB site by clicking here