Katrina Read has recently celebrated her one year anniversary at Forum Recruitment. We caught up with her to chat about her first year in a new business, changing jobs during a global pandemic and reflect on what she enjoys most about joining the team at Forum.
FR: You’ve joined a business in its start-up phase, how have your first 12 months been?
KR: “Being on this journey with Forum in a start-up phase has far exceeded my expectations. As a company, and personally, we have grown and achieved so much in a short time. Forum not only have a vision but follow through and being part of bringing ideas to reality brings a true sense of purpose to my day and is extremely rewarding.”
FR: What was something that surprised you about changing jobs in a pandemic?
KR: “Changing jobs during a pandemic was the complete opposite to how hard I thought it would be. I was surprised by so many things, but the one that had the most impact was how it shifted so many things in my life and re-ignited a spark that kept me motivated, challenged and happy.”
FR: What has been your most proud achievement?
KR: “Definitely getting through the various lockdowns, especially working from home. Learning to disconnect from work previously gave me anxiety and occasionally still does, but the ability to switch off allows me to be more present.”
FR: How would you describe the benefits of working at forum recruitment?
- We have an authentic culture that accepts and respects each of us as individuals.
- Our team are genuinely passionate, driven and love what we do.
- Gratitude, encouragement and follow through.
- Systems and processes work and are constantly being improved.
- We communicate in a safe, trusted, and transparent environment where you are heard.
- Our office and its various amenities including taking your dog to work.
- Flexibility to work where we choose. Random acts of kindness i.e. lockdown care packs sent to our homes.
- Quarterly team events.
- Relationships with clients and network of candidates.
- We’re left to do our jobs and bonuses get paid.
- We’re all clear on our goals and how to achieve them.
- Goal posts don’t change.
- Raise money for charities.
FR: If you could go back 12 months what advice would you give yourself as a job seeker?
KR: “Changing jobs in a pandemic is no different to any other time. It’s empowering when you create the change you need, rather than relying on others or for the pandemic to end.”
FR: What is something you have learnt in the last 12 months?
KR: “The only thing I have control over is myself.”
FR: If you were a recruiter considering a career change, would you recommend Forum?
KR: “Absolutely. We have a unique culture that brings out the best in who you are.”
Thanks, Katrina, for providing us with some insight into your first 12 months at Forum Recruitment, we look forward to celebrating many more years to come.